Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Fashion Tips for Cycling | Find Your Cycling Style - Bicycling

BKE

Ester Song

Sal
31, San Francisco, Art handler
@flynnsaw

Developing my style has not been a conscious effort. I just wear what I want, on the bike and off. I don’t have “cycling clothes,” because I have an active life and what works off the bike works on the bike as well. Natural fibers only, except for outerwear, where tech fabrics actually make sense. Wool underpants, ultralight space-age rain jackets, ya know? That’s functional style.

I love anything that looks comfortable and reminds me of a summer breeze. Short-sleeve button-ups are cool, as are backwards hats.

BKE

Ian Allen

Chas Christiansen
34, Oakland, California, Bike racer and artist
@notchas

My style developed when I was a bike messenger in San Francisco in 2012. What I wore was what lasted the longest and was the most comfortable to ride a bike in all day. Cut-off shorts and a T-shirt were par for the course, but since everyone else was wearing the same thing, you needed a little something extra to set you apart.

I really like the mid-’90s NYC messenger look—that perfect mix of punk rock and the ProTour peloton. Bullet belts and Briko shades with vintage team jerseys under band T-shirts. My style makes me feel like me, comfortable and ready to take on whatever is thrown at me.

BKE

Ewa Kania

Maja Micherda
27, Katowice, Poland, Marketing at Arek Bike Center
@mvjkv_m

Daily, I wear all black clothes. I grew up and spent a lot of time with boys, and I never liked girly clothes and colors. So my style is easy! All I need to do is prepare my braids and go for a ride.

My advice is don’t think too much about your clothes. Spend more time with your passion and it will be a normal way to build your own style.

BKE

Courtesy

Lee Turner
45, Melbourne, Australia, Sales representative
@_leeturner

I always feel better if I’m in something colorful. If I’m feeling a bit down and can’t be bothered to get out and ride, I’ll put on one of my brightest kits to brighten me up.

If you like it, who cares what other people think. Just be confident with what you wear. It’s like a peacock with its feathers.

BKE

Ian Walton

David Millar
42, Girona, Spain, Owner of CHPT3
@millarmind

I would describe my style as considered. I always think about how everything works together, and function always leads, then I choose the best form.

My time as a pro cyclist gave me an appreciation for tech apparel that borders on the obsessive, and that’s probably what has led me to a function and form raison d’être. I even started my own clothing company, CHPT3, to help me put outfits together. I like anything that looks good on the person who wears it, because even if we all wear the same thing, some people will make it look better than others. We can all wear jeans and a white T-shirt; only some of us can make it look timeless.

The interesting thing with cycling is that we have very limited parameters, which means you have to find your identity in a very subtle manner. The ability to achieve that is what defines cool.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"style" - Google News
January 08, 2020 at 01:36AM
https://ift.tt/37PMmHb

Fashion Tips for Cycling | Find Your Cycling Style - Bicycling
"style" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2Mvyfz3
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment